This Keto-friendly recipe offers step-by-step instructions for how to make a Natural Angus Beef Stew, in less than an hour!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Just Bare Beef Stew Meat
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 cups torn kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch cayenne
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Instant Pot – Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the ghee. Sprinkle the beef with the salt and pepper and brown in batches on all sides for about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and add the onion and garlic to the pot. Cook until softened about 3-4 minutes. Add the red wine and simmer until reduced by half, stirring up the browned bits on the bottom. Stir in the tomato paste and stir 1 minute. Add the carrots, celery, celeriac, beef broth and beef. Combine the xanthan gum with 1/4 cup water with an immersion blender until thickened and pour into the pot. Screw on the lid and set to manual for 15 minutes. Let pressure reduce naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release. Stir in the kale, parsley, thyme and cayenne and taste for seasoning. Serve.
- Slow Cooker – brown beef in a heavy skillet and transfer to the slow cooker. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and reduce. Pour into the slow cooker adding the remaining ingredients. Cook on high 4 hours or 8 hours on low.