Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 150
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 150 mins
- 2 lbs. Just Bare Pork Loin cut into ½” cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp, each kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp chipotle powder
- 3 tbsp cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans (do not drain)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a large bowl, toss onion and peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place onion and peppers on grill and roast until charred and blistered. Remove from grill and roughly chop; set aside.
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and pork; season pork with salt and pepper. Allow pork to brown on all sides, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Once browned, add garlic, chipotle powder, cumin, paprika, and tomato paste; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add charred onion and peppers; cook an additional 5 minutes. Finally, add the water and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally. Add the beans with liquid to the pot and simmer an additional 30 minutes.