In southern France a “tian” refers to both an earthenware casserole and the actual vegetable-centric dish. A tian is a wonderful way to make the most of summer produce and leftover chicken; use this version as a base for jumping off to create your own favorite combinations.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked Just Bare style="font-weight: 400;">® chicken fillets
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves plus sprigs, divided
- 3 to 4 medium (about 1 pound) Yukon gold or red new potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fine dried whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Gruyère cheese
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 290||Calories from Fat 42|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Calcium 14%||Iron 16%|
|Vitamin C 65%||Vitamin A 12%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375˚F. Lightly brush a 2-quart baking dish or casserole with oil. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté about 6 minutes. Spoon into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the chicken on top of the shallot mixture in an even layer.
- Begin arranging the sliced vegetables, alternating the layering in a concentric circle or in rows on top of the chicken. Fit them in tightly in a single layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Cover the baking dish with foil; bake 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Mix the bread crumbs and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Heat through until internal temperature reads 165ºF. Garnish with thyme sprigs.