Is there a better way to spend Father’s day than firing up the grill and having a delicious BBQ where the whole family can be involved? This recipe features a mouthwatering sweet pineapple chicken kabob layered with red, green and yellow pepper peppers, perfect for a warm summer night!
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Prep Time: 35Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 109
Cook Time: 20Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 115
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 lb Just Bare Chicken Tenderloins, large diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored & large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored & large diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & large diced ½ fresh pineapple, cored and large diced
- Marinade & Glaze
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- ¼ cup soy sauce 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water ¼ cup scallions, sliced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Prepare the marinade by adding garlic, ginger, brown sugar, pineapple juice, chili garlic and soy sauce in a bowl. Whisk until combined – toss in diced chicken and coat thoroughly. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve to create a glaze.
- Assemble kabobs using metal or wooden skewers alternating between chicken, onion, pineapple and bell peppers.
- Place assembled chicken and veggie skewers on the grill and cook for 14-16 minutes, rotating frequently until chicken and peppers begin to char.
- While kabobs are cooking, take the remaining marinade and heat in a small saucepan, allowing the mixture to come to a boil. Combine the cornstarch with cold water to create a slurry. Once the marinade is at a simmer, add slurry and mix – the glaze will begin to thicken. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Using a small pastry brush, baste the kabobs with the glaze and continue to grill to allow the brown sugar and pineapple to caramelize.
- The kabobs are ready when the vegetables are charred, pineapple is lightly caramelized and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and enjoy!