Arrange these satisfying bites in covered bento lunch containers for lunch at the pool or on the beach—or cook the chicken ahead and have all the ingredients ready to make roll-ups one by one as you’d like.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) Just Bare Chicken Tenders
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crushed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas or chapatti
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 380||Calories from Fat 30|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Calcium 17%||Iron 20%|
|Vitamin C 66%||Vitamin A 25%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat (or heat up the grill.) Season chicken tenders with Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Sauté in skillet for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Set aside.
- Lay tortillas out on counter. Spread with hummus; arrange tenders, bell pepper strips, and basil leaves across the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of each one up and over the filling; fold in the sides and roll up.
- Slice roll-ups into 2-inch pieces. Arrange in covered containers for easy away-from-home lunches or quick high-protein snacks.