Basic glazed chicken tenders with ginger are served atop a spring-inspired salad of strawberries, arugula, and poppy seeds.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 tablespoons peeled, finely chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 package (5 ounces) arugula or mixed baby greens
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or raspberries
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 210||Calories from Fat 34|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 56%||Vitamin A 19%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken breast tenders, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken just begins to brown.
- Stir in honey, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil to create dressing. Continue cooking, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is golden brown, honey glazed and there is no hint of pink in the meat. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Just before serving, squeeze lime juice over chicken tenders and sprinkle with poppy seed.
- Toss together arugula and strawberries in a large bowl. Combine chicken tenders and dressing with salad greens and toss.
Your favorite salad greens may be substituted for arugula.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.