This light and healthy protein packed dish serves up bold Greek flavors with garlicky spinach, artichokes, Herbs de province and crumbled feta. Add a squeeze of some fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence or dried oregano
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into small pieces
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 1 lemon, halved
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Preheat a small pan on medium heat and add 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Add garlic and toast until fragrant – about 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until wilted. Season with ⅛ tsp of salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the chicken by laying breasts on a cutting board and with a sharp knife make incisions along the chicken ½ of the way through to create a ‘hasselback’.
- Coat each chicken breast with approximately 1 tsp of olive oil, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp of Herbs de Provence or dried oregano, and a few cracks of fresh pepper. Rub in between each slit to season thoroughly.
- Next, add a small amount of cooked spinach and artichoke pieces in between each slit in the chicken.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on a parchment or foil-lined oven-safe dish, top with 5 oz of crumbled feta – more can be added if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Finish the chicken with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes when cooking the spinach.