Just Bare Lightly Breaded Spicy Chicken Breast Strips paired with a homemade sweet chili sauce offer sweet and spicy notes to create a light and healthy Spring-inspired meal. Great for a weeknight dinner or pack your picnic basket and enjoy it outside. Use your favorite in-season vegetables to customize to your liking!
- 12 oz Just Bare Lightly Breaded Spicy Chicken Breast Strips
- Sweet Chili Sauce:
- ½ cup Rice Vinegar
- ¾ cup Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Water + 3 Tbsp, divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 Tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce or Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce, cored and separated into individual leaves
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Thinly Sliced into Strips
- 1 English Cucumber, Thinly sliced into Strips
- ¼ Small Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Place frozen chicken pieces in a basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 13-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- While chicken is cooking combine rice vinegar, cane sugar, water, red pepper flakes, soy sauce and chili garlic in a sauce pan except for 3 Tbsp water and
- Mix to combine and bring sauce to a simmer, allow to cook for 4-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Combine the cold water and cornstarch to create a slurry – add slurry to the simmering sauce and continue to stir to activate the cornstarch. The mixture will start to thicken up.
- Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before plating.
- To assemble, place one piece of romaine lettuce on a plate, followed by your desired amount of sliced carrot, cucumber and cabbage. Place 1 chicken strip and top with sweet chili sauce and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Optional: dice chicken and toss in the sweet chili sauce before plating and then follow up with more sauce as a garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!