This 5-ingredient recipe was created by Kim B. and was selected as a runner up in the Just Bare® Just 5 Cooking Challenge in 2011.
Servings 6Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil or olive oil
- 16 ounces fresh pico de gallo (from produce department)*
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe black olives, reserve 2 tablespoons olive brine
- 1 small lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 260||Calories from Fat 38|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 25%||Vitamin A 8%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Rinse quinoa in mesh strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring 1-3/4 cup water to a boil in medium saucepan; add quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, chicken 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temp reaches 165°. Pour into a large salad bowl. Add quinoa, pico de gallo, and black olives; gently stir until combined.
- Grate 1 teaspoon lime zest from lime; squeeze 1 tablespoon lime juice into small bowl. Whisk 2 tablespoons garlic oil, reserved 2 tablespoons olive brine, and 1/4 teaspoon salt into lime juice mixture. Pour dressing over chicken and quinoa; gently stir to coat ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.
*Pico de gallo is a fresh tomato salsa made with chopped ripe tomatoes, onion, and fresh green chiles.