During the summer growing season you can make the most of just about any fresh produce you can find—crisp radishes, sweet sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, or chunks of baby cucumbers will make a hearty chicken salad all the more irresistible.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (red or white)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups medium strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 355||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Calcium 9%||Iron 16%|
|Vitamin C 109%||Vitamin A 101%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill about 8 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink in center and internal temp is 165°. Remove from grill; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons oil, balsamic, vinegar, garlic salt and freshly ground pepper in a large serving bowl. Top with spinach, berries, avocado, and onion. Gently toss ingredients together until well coated with dressing.
- Add chicken to salad; toss once more and serve.
Substitute in chunks of butternut squash or cauliflower, long strips of carrot, thickly sliced zucchini, or large cubes of eggplant.