Aioli is just a garlic-infused mayonnaise—look for a blend that is spiked with chiles or horseradish, like wasabi. It lends a savory-spicy accent to a crisp slaw that complements the blackened grilled chicken. Handle the Heat created this list from an ingredient list submitted by Antonio T., who won a grand prize in the Just Bare® Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw
- 1/4 cup spicy aioli, plus more for serving
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 teaspoons blackened (Cajun-style) seasoning
- 1 (12 ounces) ciabatta loaf, split horizontally, cut crosswise into fourths
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 540||Calories from Fat 22|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 1g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Calcium 13%||Iron 25%|
|Vitamin C 117%||Vitamin A 58%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat grill to medium heat, lightly rubbing grill grates with oil before heating. Mix broccoli coleslaw, 1/4 cup aioli, lemon peel and juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Place each chicken fillet between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Pound with a rolling pin or meat mallet until flattened to an even thickness. Rub both sides of each fillet with blackened seasoning. Place on grill; cover and cook about 4 minutes. Uncover and turn chicken; cook about 4 minutes longer or until blackened and no longer pink in center (165°F on an instant read thermometer).
- While chicken is cooking, place the ciabatta pieces cut-side down around edge of grill. Toast until golden brown; spread with additional aioli if desired.
- To serve sandwiches, place chicken and slaw between toasted ciabatta pieces.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.