Prep Time: 25
Cook Time: 300
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 300 mins
- 1 rack Just Bare St. Louis Style Sparerib
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 48g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Pat ribs slightly dry with paper towels. Combine brown sugar, chili powder, oregano, cumin, pepper, and garlic salt; rub on both sides of ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer pieces with onion in a 4 to 6 quart electric slow cooker*, with thicker pieces on bottom.
- Pour apple juice over ribs. Cover; slow-cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until tender.
- Discard liquid and onion from slow cooker. Generously brush ribs with sauce; return to slow cooker. Pour remaining sauce over ribs. Cover; slow-cook on LOW for 1 hour.