Enjoy a fine dining experience in under an hour with this recipe for Just Bare Natural Angus ribeye prepared in the oven and finished on the stovetop. Paired with corn and tomatoes, this recipe is the perfect way to celebrate spring.
- 1-1/2-inch thick Just Bare Ribeye Steak (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Remove the steak from the fridge and let stand at room temperature while cooking the corn. Preheat the oven to 500°F. and place a 10 or 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat.
- Melt the butter in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring frequently, until corn browns about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the thyme, cherry tomatoes and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Brush the steak with the oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. When the oven is up to temperature, carefully remove the pan from the oven and put over a burner on high heat for 5 minutes. Add the steak and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 minutes and transfer to the oven to cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the steak and cook another 2-3 minutes for rare or 4 minutes for medium-rare. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve with the corn, sprinkled with the basil.