Savory, with a nice crisp bite, these mini appetizers look more like eggrolls. For a more traditional chewy potsticker texture, shallow-fry them in peanut oil, then add some water to the pan to finish them with steam. Ambitious Kitchen created this recipe from an ingredient list submitted by Meggan S., who was a finalist in the Just Bare Chicken+5 Ingredient Challenge.
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 48 refrigerated square wonton wrappers
- Additional hoisin sauce for dipping
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 44||Calories from Fat 27|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Iron 2%||Vitamin C 1%|
|Vitamin A 4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange oven racks to accommodate two baking sheets. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, chicken about 8 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Cool; shred with two forks and place in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, carrot and cabbage about 4 minutes or until tender. Add to bowl with shredded chicken; stir in 1/4 cup hoisin sauce.
- Lightly brush 2 large baking sheets with oil. Lay wonton wrappers out on clean surface; brush edges with water as you fill them. Spoon 1 tablespoon chicken mixture into center of each wrapper; fold each corner towards center and seal with your finger. Roll filled wontons from one side. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush rolled wontons lightly with oil; bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with hoisin sauce.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, or Deli Rotisserie Chicken may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.