Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 90
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 90 mins
- 1 2½-3lb Just Bare Pork Loin
- 1 tbsp chinese five spice powder
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 12- 16 chinese bao buns
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, shredded
- 1 bunch shiso leaves or cilantro, slivered or chopped
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub the pork with five spice powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the pork and brown on all sides, about 10 to 12 minutes. Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Transfer pork to rack and cook in oven until internal temperature reaches 145°F in the thickest part of the meat, about 55 to 65 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- While pork is resting, steam the buns according to package directions. To serve, thinly slice pork and stuff into buns. Drizzle pork with hoisin; sprinkle with scallions and shiso or cilantro.