The footprint for this recipe is super flexible—basically it’s grilled chicken with your favorite garden fresh veggies. Browse farmers markets for spring ramps (wild leeks), heirloom tomatoes, or other kinds of local cheeses to inspire this celebration of foods grown or produced close to home. Boneless chicken breasts are featured here, but feel free to substitute chicken drumsticks, boneless thighs, or cut up a whole bird so that you have both white and dark meat. The bone-in or dark meat chicken will take a little longer on the grill, but the veggies will wait.
- CHICKEN and VEGETABLES
- 4 to 6 (28 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers, quartered, stems and seeds removed
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 large beets, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 bunches carrots with tops, tops trimmed, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Provolone cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 16 unpitted Kalamata or green Spanish olives
- Lemon wedges, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 375||Calories from Fat 52|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Calcium 22%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 116%||Vitamin A 231%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from grill, cut in half crosswise.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°F, adjusting the oven racks so that you can get two rimmed baking sheets inside. Arrange vegetables on two parchment-lined baking sheets (don’t overcrowd them). Drizzle vegetables with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables, stirring a few times, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, cheese, and olives on a large platter. Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and spoon over chicken and vegetables. Garnish platter with lemon wedges.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or cut-up Just BARE® Whole Chicken may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Bone-in or dark meat chicken will take a little longer to cook, but the veggies will wait.