Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips coated in a sweet and salty honey glaze. This recipe uses coconut aminos which offer the salty and umami flavors of regular soy but without all the added sodium!
- 12 oz Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced (whites and green parts separated)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets, steamed
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Total Sugars 17g|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Place frozen chicken pieces in the basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes. Heat through until internal temperature reads 165ºF.
- In a small saute pan, add neutral oil and heat on medium heat.
- Add sliced garlic and the scallion bottoms. Saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- While aromatics are cooking, combine cornstarch with cold water and mix thoroughly – reserve.
- Add honey, chicken stock, coconut aminos to the pan along with cornstarch slurry. Mix everything until combined and bring to a boil allowing sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add cooked chicken to the sauce and toss to combine. Garnish with sliced scallion tops and serve with steamed broccoli.