Grilled chicken skewers offer the ultimate meal-on-a-stick experience. But think about how long each ingredient needs to cook through—which means you may want to assemble kabobs that are all chicken and all veggie so nothing comes off the grill at the wrong time.
- All-Organic Everyday Chicken Marinade (see below)
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 small bell peppers (red, yellow, and/or green), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 345||Calories from Fat 56|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Calcium 3%||Iron 8%|
|Vitamin C 166%||Vitamin A 41%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Make marinade as directed below.
- Place chicken in a large bowl; pour 1 cup marinade (reserve remainder for brushing on kabobs during grilling) over and mix until chicken is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken. Thread onto metal or bamboo skewers with vegetables. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill kabobs for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender-crisp. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
All-Organic Everyday Chicken Marinade: whisk together 3/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive or grapeseed oil, 1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup organic honey, 1/4 cup finely chopped organic green onion, 3 cloves organic garlic, finely chopped, 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed garden or farmers market herbs (cilantro, thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, and/or flat-leaf parsley), and coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.