Experience the vibrant flavors of tandoori chicken, marinated in a blend of aromatic spices, served with fragrant turmeric rice and a cooling, creamy raita bringing the essence of Indian cuisine to your table.
- Tandoori Chicken
- 4 Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala spice blend
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp neutral oil, avocado/canola
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika 1/2 tsp turmeric kosher salt to taste
- Turmeric Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder kosher salt, to taste
- sliced cucumber sliced red onion fresh cilantro
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0.1 mcg 1%||Calcium 170 mg 13%|
|Iron 1.3 mg 7%||Potassium 300 mg 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, tandoori masala spice blend, lemon juice, neutral oil, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, and salt. Mix well to form the marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off. Grill the chicken for about 8-12 minutes per side or until fully cooked, with an internal temperature of 165°F. Adjust grilling time as needed depending on the thickness.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. In a saucepan, combine the rinsed rice, water, ground turmeric, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and fluffy. Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before fluffing it with a fork.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the creamy raita. In a bowl, whisk the plain yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add the grated cucumber, cilantro, mint leaves, cumin powder, salt, black salt (if using), and cayenne pepper or paprika (if desired). Mix well to combine.
- Taste the raita and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- To serve, create a bed of turmeric rice, followed by sliced grilled chicken on top. Add a side of sliced cucumber, red onion, and fresh cilantro. Spoon a desired amount of creamy raita on the plate and enjoy!