Take everything to the grill on a hot summer day…grill the chicken and char-grill the veggies before par-baking store-bought pizza dough. Or use leftover chicken and quickly roast the vegetables in a super-hot oven before topping the dough. Switch up the veggies depending on what’s at your late summer farmstand or market..
- 2 to 3 (about 14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 2 small red or yellow bell peppers, seeded, cut into quarters
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 small red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 pounds whole-grain pizza crust dough, divided in half
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 6-cheese Italian blend
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 340||Calories from Fat 38|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Calcium 17%||Iron 13%|
|Vitamin C 42%||Vitamin A 16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush chicken and vegetables with oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on grill; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender and charred. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from grill and chop chicken and vegetables into smaller pieces. Set aside, with the cheeses and herbs, near the grill.
- Reduce grill heat to medium-low. Sprinkle a large flat baking sheet or pizza peel with cornmeal. Stretch and roll out one ball of pizza dough into a 12-inch round (it’s fine if it’s an irregular shape; allow the dough to rest for a few minutes if it keeps bouncing back.) Repeat with the remaining dough on another baking sheet.
- Lightly grease the grill rack or spray with nonstick grill spray. Slide both dough rounds directly onto grill rack. Grill about 4 minutes or until bottom of crusts is golden brown. Turn the crusts over using a baking sheet, pizza peel, or wide spatula.
- Top crusts evenly with vegetables, chicken, cheeses, and dried herbs. Cover the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is a deep golden brown. Serve hot.
Leftover roast chicken may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional information may change when substituting product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it’s best to thaw the product before cooking.
• If making your own dough isn’t in the cards, look for ready-to-bake pizza dough in the refrigerator case, buy it from a bakery, or use frozen bread dough (you’ll need to plan ahead for this so there’s time to allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge.)
• For easier handling, consider making 4 smaller pizzas.
• If you’d prefer to bake the pizza, heat oven to 425˚F. Roast chicken and vegetables in oven, drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal; press and roll out dough on baking sheet (or use a baking stone.) Pre-bake crust 8 minutes. Top with roasted vegetables and chopped chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses and dried herbs. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is a deep golden brown.