Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 180
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 180 mins
- 1 3 1/2- to 4 pound Just Bare Pork Butt
- 1/2 of a medium sweet onion, cut up
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and cut up
- 2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber less than 1g||1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- For marinade, place onion and garlic in food processor. Process with on/off turns until coarsely chopped. Add frozen juice concentrate, lime juice, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Process until finely chopped, scraping side of container occasionally.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Place in medium, resealable plastic bag. Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork; close bag and rub marinade over pork. Refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours, turning bag and rubbing marinade over pork occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Transfer pork with marinade to a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven. Add 3/4 cup water. Cook, covered, in oven for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until very tender. Discard cooking juices.
- Transfer the pork to cutting board. Using two forks, coarsely shred pork into bite-size pieces.
- Return pork to Dutch oven; add reserved marinade. Cook over medium heat until heated. If desired, serve pork with black beans and rice, or in corn tortillas with salsa, chopped avocado, and lime wedges.