Crispy Just BareChicken, cilantro lime rice, fresh mango salsa and crispy air fried plantains make up this delicious Cuban-style chicken bowl.
- 4 Just Bare Lightly BreadedSpicy Chicken Breast Fillets
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lime, juiced + more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped + more for garnish
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled and chopped into bite sized slices
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted kosher salt
- Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- ½ red onion, small diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, small diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Place frozen chicken pieces in a basket in a single layer and air fry for 17 minutes until internal temp reaches 165ºF.
- While the chicken fillets are cooking, prepare the rice by heating 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized pot on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes under tender. Add 1 tsp of cumin and paprika to the onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice to the seasoned onion mixture and toss to combine. Allow the rice to toast for a few minutes before adding the stock. Once stock is added with 2 bay leaves, bring rice to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the rice absorbs all the stock and is fluffy -about 12-15 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked through, remove from heat and toss in lime juice, chopped cilantro and black beans. Mix to combine – reserve and keep warm.
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Once chicken is crispy and cooked through, remove and keep warm.
- Bring the air fryer temperature up to 400°F. Toss plantains with melted coconut oil, 1 tsp cumin and smoked paprika. Add seasoned plantains in a single later to the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 minutes. Work in batches until all the plantains are cooked. Once plantains come out of the air fryer, immediately season with salt while still hot.
- To assemble bowls, start with a base of cilantro lime rice, followed by a portion of air fried plantains, sliced crispy chicken filet and some mango salsa. Finish with a garnish of cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!