You can’t beat a simple coleslaw with these savory tenders – a combo of chopped cabbage, julienned carrot, and thinly sliced red onion, tossed with a creamy slaw dressing perhaps. Try adding some chopped fresh cilantro or julienned jicama for a southwestern touch.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mild picante or taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 240||Calories from Fat 30|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 8%|
|Vitamin C 5%||Vitamin A 14%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix cornmeal, chili powder and garlic salt in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat them completely. Arrange on baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended. Serve with crisp chicken tenders.
Prepared barbecue sauce or plain picante sauce may be substituted for dipping sauce.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.