If you don’t have a rotisserie or leftover chicken, poach boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Shred and use to fill these fresh spring rolls, which are perfect to add to a holiday appetizer buffet or to serve with a Chinese stir-fry.
- 2 cups shredded Just Bare Deli Rotisserie Chicken or leftover roast chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 small avocado, pitted, thinly sliced, if desired
- 8 medium Thai or sweet basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 (8-1/2 inches in diameter) rice paper wrappers (spring roll skins)
- 1/2 cup bottled sweet red chili sauce or peanut sauce
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 355||Calories from Fat 26|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 18%|
|Vitamin C 18%||Vitamin A 54%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Mix chicken, cabbage, carrot, and cucumber together in medium bowl.
- Fill a large, shallow baking dish with water. Place 1 rice paper wrapper in the water and soak until pliable, about 30 seconds. Carefully transfer the wrapper to a paper towel; turn once to blot dry. Working quickly, arrange 1/2 cup of chicken mixture on the bottom half of the wrapper; top with a few slices avocado.
- Fold the bottom edge toward the center and roll up the wrapper halfway, making sure to wrap tightly around the filling. Top with 2 basil sprigs and a few leaves of cilantro and mint. Fold the right and left edges of the wrapper over the filling and finish rolling up. Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Transfer the rolls to a plate and cover with dampened paper towels.
- To serve, cut rolls in half on the diagonal and serve with chili sauce.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
One Just BARE Deli Rotisserie Chicken yields about 4 cups shredded, sliced, or coarsely chopped chicken, skin and bones removed.