Give any kind of greens a test run in these delicious quesadillas. Spinach is the quickest to wilt and the easiest to find, but baby kale leaves or chopped escarole would add a little zip. Either cook the filled tortillas in a grill pan or pop them into a Panini or sandwich press.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 (6 to 7 inches) flour or corn tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups canned refried black beans
- 2 cups shredded Just Bare Deli Rotisserie Chicken
- 4 ounces (1 cup) goat cheese or queso fresco, crumbled
- Spicy tomato salsa or pico de gallo, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 565||Calories from Fat 48|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 1g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Calcium 18%||Iron 30%|
|Vitamin C 30%||Vitamin A 89%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add spinach leaves; cook and stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay 4 tortillas out on work surface. Spread with beans; top with chicken, wilted spinach, and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Slide one uncooked quesadilla into pan; cook about 2 minutes; flip over. Cook about 2 minutes longer or until browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining oil and uncooked quesadillas. Cut into quarters and serve hot with salsa.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
One Just BARE Deli Rotisserie Chicken yields about 4 cups shredded, sliced, or coarsely chopped chicken, skin and bones removed.