Sweet blackberries and tart goat cheese pair nicely with dark, rich chicken in an appetizer pastry that’s special enough for entertaining with very little prep time. The final drizzle of balsamic glaze is the perfect final touch. Be sure to take the puff pastry out of the freezer the night before using, so it can slowly thaw in the refrigerator. Ambitious Kitchen created this recipe from an ingredient list submitted by Teresa G., who was a finalist in the Just Bare Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge.
- 3 (8 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce package)
- 1-1/4 cups (6 ounces) fresh blackberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 365||Calories from Fat 53|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 4g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 13%|
|Vitamin C 10%||Vitamin A 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment. Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Finely chop 4 sage leaves; rub over chicken. Bake about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Cool; shred with two forks.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Unfold pastry dough and place on parchment. Arrange blackberries on dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with shredded chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, pour vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half. Thinly slice remaining 4 sage leaves.
- To serve tart, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with sage.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.