Give a flavored balsamic vinegar a try—pomegranate or cranberry would be delicious with the richness of the pastry and chicken. Pricking the pastry dough well with a fork keeps it from puffing up too much, so you can top each flaky piece with the chicken and shallot mixture.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large shallots, cut into narrow wedges
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped Just Bare Deli Rotisserie Chicken or leftover cooked chicken
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 331||Calories from Fat 56|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Trans Fat 3g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 10%|
|Vitamin C 3%||Vitamin A 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400˚F. Unfold dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 16 (2-1/2-inch) squares. Generously prick each piece with a fork. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg and water together; lightly brush onto dough. Bake about 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and honey; cook and stir about 15 minutes or until shallots begin to brown. Stir in balsamic vinegar, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture on top of each piece of pastry; top with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Sprinkle with thyme.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
One Just BARE® Deli Rotisserie Chicken yields about 4 cups shredded, sliced, or coarsely chopped chicken, skin and bones removed.