Baby artichokes are really fully grown, just smaller when ready to be harvested. They are a great source of vitamin C, folate, fiber, and minerals—in addition to being beautiful and a seasonal treat. Try to find dandelion greens, too, as they have a fleeting season.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 1 hourNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 baby artichokes, tough outer leaves removed, stem trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 cups torn curly endive or spring dandelion greens
- Whole Greek olives, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 415||Calories from Fat 33|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||54%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Calcium 10%||Iron 27%|
|Vitamin C 54%||Vitamin A 27%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add artichokes and potatoes; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange vegetables on baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven; roast 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Nestle chicken breasts in among vegetables; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Arrange greens on plates; top with artichokes, potatoes, and chicken. Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with olives.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.