A lightly pickled cucumber salad—sliced and tossed with paper-thin red onions and seasoned rice vinegar—is a nice crisp complement to these rich endive bites. Chop either white or dark chicken to make the creamy salad to spoon into each endive leaf. If you’d like, garnish each bite with a fresh cilantro leaf.
- 1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves (about 36 leaves)
- Chopped toasted almonds, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 40||Calories from Fat 43|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 2%|
|Vitamin C 4%||Vitamin A 11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Whisk together almond butter, water, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, tamari, and lime juice in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chicken; gently stir until coated with sauce.
- Arrange endive leaves on large serving plates. Spoon chicken mixture onto endive; sprinkle with almonds. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
3 cups chopped leftover or poached Just Bare® cooked chicken may be substituted for the Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.