Indulge in the irresistible flavors of char siu chicken thighs, marinated in a sweet and savory blend of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, and aromatic spices, then grilled to perfection. Each tender, charred bite brings a delightful taste of Chinese barbecue to your plate.
- 8 Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder kosher salt freshly cracked black pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 9g Added Sugars||18%|
|Calcium 10 mg 1%||Iron 0.2 mg 1%|
|Potassium 30 mg 1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- In a mixing bowl, combine hoisin, soy, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, Chinese five spice powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to create the marinade.
- Place chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring it is evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off – Reserve the remaining marinade for basting.
- Place the chicken thighs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the chicken is nicely charred and caramelized.
- While grilling, baste the chicken thighs with the reserved marinade, brushing it on every few minutes for additional flavor and moisture.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken thighs from the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed white rice and grilled broccolini or your favorite vegetable.