Creamy gouda and tart apples make this a perfect fall recipe. Drizzling some homemade balsamic reduction will add a subtle note of sweetness to complete the dish!
- 8 oz balsamic vinegar 4 oz honey
- 4 Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts Fillets
- 1 Medium tart apple, cored and sliced thin (honey crisp/granny smith/empire)
- 4 oz aged gouda, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch of thyme, picked off the stem, finely minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine and mix 8oz of balsamic vinegar with 4oz of honey in a medium saucepan.
- Heat saucepan over medium-low heat or a light simmer, until mixture reduces by half – about 25-30 minutes. The mixture should coat the back of the spoon. Cool before serving.
- While balsamic is reducing, prepare the chicken by laying breasts on a cutting board and with a sharp knife make incisions along the chicken ½ of the way through to create a ‘Hasselback’.
- Coat each chicken breast with approximately 1 tsp of olive oil, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, minced thyme, and a few cracks of fresh black pepper. Rub in between each slit to season thoroughly.
- Add 1 slice of apple in between each layer, followed by the gouda cheese. Each chicken breast will use approximately 1 oz of cheese – more can be added if desired.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on a parchment or foil-lined oven-safe dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle chicken with balsamic reduction and serve with your favorite seasonings.