This steak and potato skillet is as delicious as it is easy to make. Plus, it gives you the freedom to choose your favorite cut of Just Bare Natural Angus steak. Recipe courtesy of Sailor Bailey.
- 2 lbs Just Bare Natural Angus Beef Chuck Center Roast
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp canola oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 28 oz enchilada sauce
- 4 oz green chilis
- 15 oz corn
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Green onions
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat 1 cup of canola oil in sauté pan over medium heat until the oil is just warmed, but not hot enough to fry. Place the tortillas in the oil for approximately 10 seconds on each side, until soft, not crispy. Set aside on a plate with a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- In a pan, combine 2 tablespoons of canola oil and flour, cook over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes or until a paste forms. Once a paste has formed, slowly add in your chicken stock until fully incorporated. Then add in your enchilada sauce and cook over medium/low heat for approximately 8 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Cut your beef into thin strips, then in a medium sauté pan, cook over high heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- Pour a little of your enchilada sauce into your baking pan to get a nice base for your enchiladas. Assemble each enchilada by taking a tortilla and stuffing it with your beef, corn, green chilis, and cheese. Stuff each tortilla just to the point where you can still fold them over, then place them in the pan, folded side down so that they stay in their shape.
- Once all enchiladas are formed and in the baking pan, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over them, top with lots of cheese, then bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Top with green onions and cotija and serve.