If you’ve got some pungent bleu cheese or crumbly aged goat cheese on hand, toss some onto these welcoming winter salads. The richness of a nut oil in the dressing rounds out the toasty flavor of the dish. Like any good Waldorf, this one features the best of winter apples—dressed up with a delicate walnut oil vinaigrette.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon walnut or olive oil
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 sweet-tart red apples, cored, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens or spinach
- 1 head radicchio lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries and/or golden raisins
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 445||Calories from Fat 48|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 27g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 13%|
|Vitamin C 26%||Vitamin A 67%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Beat all dressing ingredients together with a fork until well blended; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and turning once, until no longer pink in the center. Remove from skillet. Cook to an internal temp of 165°F.
- Add celery and apple to skillet; cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, arrange salad greens and radicchio on dinner plates. Top with the warm chicken, apples, and celery. Sprinkle with walnuts and dried fruit; drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.