As more summer produce appears in the market or your garden, you can make this main dish salad with just about anything. Roast or grill quartered beets, halved Roma tomatoes, sliced eggplant, sweet bell peppers or long slices of zucchini.
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 package (8 ounces) button or shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons course salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 364||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 9%||Iron 23%|
|Vitamin C 29%||Vitamin A 103%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat oven to 425°F. Place chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms on large rimmed baking sheet. Evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
Roast chicken and vegetables about 25 minutes, turning chicken once and stirring vegetables occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are very tender. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
Shred chicken in to bite-size pieces. Arrange on top of greens with warm asparagus and mushrooms. Mix vinegar with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; drizzle over salad. Top with blue cheese.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.