This 5-ingredient recipe was created by Merry G. and was selected as a runner up in the Just Bare Just 5 Cooking Challenge in 2011.
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup bottled white balsamic dressing
- 1-1/2 pounds Tuscan or curly kale
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 330||Calories from Fat 54|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 17g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 56%||Vitamin A 219%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Place chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup dressing in a plastic resealable bag or bowl; set aside.
Remove center ribs and tougher stems from kale; thinly slice crosswise. Pour 1 cup water into large stockpot. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and kale to boiling water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until kale is tender. Drain; place on large platter or serving bowl. Toss with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
Heat large skillet over medium-high. Pour chicken with dressing into skillet; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink and dressing has turned golden brown. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
Pour hot chicken over warm kale; sprinkle with cranberries and pistachios. Toss before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.