This 5-ingredient recipe was created by Eric G. and was selected as a runner-up in the Just Bare® Just 5 Cooking Challenge in 2011.
Servings 2Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 45 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella (about 2-1/2 ounces)
- 6 large basil leaves, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-sized dried chile de arbol, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dark buckwheat honey
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 490||Calories from Fat 45|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
|Calcium 15%||Iron 10%|
|Vitamin C 2%||Vitamin A 29%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Lay chicken breasts flat on work surface; cut a slit horizontally into the thickest part, creating a pocket. Place 2 slices mozzarella and 1/4 of the basil inside each piece of chicken securing pockets with toothpicks if needed.
- Pour oil into small dish; stir in chiles and remaining basil. Brush chicken with oil mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Place chicken in pan; drizzle with half of the honey. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn chicken; drizzle with remaining honey. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, uncovering during the last 2 minutes. Chicken should no longer be pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Serve with pan juices.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.