Get ready for a flavor-packed feast to celebrate National Chicken month with this bright citrus-glazed Chicken Thighs! All of the delicious vegetables of the season pair perfectly with this hearty meal- enjoy it now before the summer fades away.
- 2 Small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Chicken Thighs
- 6 Just Bare Boneless Skinless Thighs
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T fresh orange juice
- 2 T honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, minced garlic, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on the prepared baking sheet and brush the ½ the glaze mixture evenly over the chicken thighs. Reserve remainder of glaze for the next step.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced zucchinis, bell pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the remaining glaze mixture and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetable medley around the chicken thighs on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
- If your chicken needs more time to reach 165°F, as an internal temp, remove the vegetables from your sheet pan and place the chicken back into the oven, set the oven to broil and check in on the progress over approximately 5 minutes. This will help to caramelize your glaze.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few moments before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a burst of summer flavor.
- Serve the sheet pan citrus-glazed chicken and summer vegetable medley hot and enjoy the vibrant and seasonal flavors of the summer months.
Feel free to swap the vegetables with other seasonal options that are local to you throughout the entire season- yellow squash, corn on the cob, green beans- whatever is locally available to you and capture every last drop of summer in this delicious sheet pan meal.