For a speedy after-work dinner, get the chicken marinating before you leave the house in the morning. Fragrant jasmine rice rounds out a simple menu—freeze the leftover coconut milk in an ice cube tray to use in a future curry supper. Add a salad of thinly sliced cucumbers or a quick Napa cabbage slaw.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Fresh Thai basil or cilantro leaves, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 520||Calories from Fat 42|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0g||80%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Calcium 3%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 1%||Vitamin A 1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Mix soy, honey, sherry, sesame and peanut oils, ginger, and garlic in medium bowl. Place chicken in marinade; cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove chicken from marinade (discard). Arrange in greased baking dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roast 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Meanwhile, mix rice, coconut milk, water, salt, and coconut in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve chicken with rice, garnished with basil or cilantro.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (bake time will be about 5 minutes longer).
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.