This elegant roasted chicken with fresh orange zest, sage, and herbs is served with delicious cranberries and brussels sprouts that are sweetened with honey. This meal is perfect for weeknights or special occasions!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 pounds) Just Bare Whole Chicken
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 orange
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 650||Calories from Fat 50|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 22g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 19%|
|Vitamin C 66%||Vitamin A 16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat oven to 425°F before roasting to ensure even cooking.
- Mix butter, orange zest, garlic, parsley, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper, reserving orange for juice.
- If desired, rinse and pat dry chicken. Tuck wings under and tie legs together with kitchen twine. Rub herb butter over chicken. Place in heavy roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Baste with pan juices every 15 minutes.
- Add onions, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, honey, and orange juice after 20 minutes of cooking time. Let stand 5 minutes before carving, meat temperature will rise as chicken rests. Serve with pan juices. Makes 3 cups vegetables.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.