This is a great dish for a cold day. The pistachios and breadcrumbs create a flavorful crunchy crust that pairs perfectly with the plum relish!
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 medium plums, pitted, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup shiraz or other dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 296||Calories from Fat 34|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Calcium 7%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 13%||Vitamin A 5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375°F. To prepare chicken, combine nuts, basil, zest, and breadcrumbs in food processor; pulse until ground. Spread out in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until just golden. Remove from skillet; allow to cool slightly. Brush with buttermilk and press all sides in nut mixture.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet; roast 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare relish. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and plums; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve chicken topped with relish.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Serve chicken over greens or vegetables and spoon over the relish.