These basil-infused chicken slices are the perfect outdoor snack! Take the plunge and dip them into the creamy pesto and lemon-spiked mayo.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 (28 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Lemon pepper or Montreal chicken seasoning to taste
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 270||Calories from Fat 54|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 10%|
|Vitamin C 2%||Vitamin A 1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons pesto, and lemon peel in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between plastic wrap; pound until evenly flat with a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Spread remaining pesto down center of each piece of chicken; carefully roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting with the short end. Secure rolls with toothpicks, if needed. Place rolls on baking sheet; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, seasoned pepper, and salt. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake chicken 15 minutes or until no longer pink near center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Cool.* Cut rolls into slices; serve with pesto mayonnaise.
Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.
*To make recipe ahead, the cooked chicken rolls can be refrigerated overnight, along with the flavored mayonnaise.