Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 8
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
- 1 pound Just Bare Ground Pork
- 6 very thin slices sweet onion plus 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons bottled Kansas City-style barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain fine-dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 deli-sliced slices cheddar or Gouda cheese
- 4 burger buns or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Cook onion slices, covered, in 2 teaspoons oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped onion, remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, bread crumbs, garlic salt, paprika, and pepper in large bowl. Add ground pork and mix (do not overwork meat mixture). With damp hands, form mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to large skillet. Add patties. Cook patties, covered, over medium heat for 6 to 8 until instant-read thermometer inserted near centers reads 155° F., turning patties over halfway through cooking. Top burgers with cheese; continue cooking, covered about 1 minute or until cheese is melted and burgers reach 160° F.
- Serve burgers in buns topped with onion-barbecue sauce mixture.