This Just Bare Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge (finalist recipe is the creation of Pamela E. of Phoenix, AZ. A cozy dish, full of rich flavors, this recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup ruby port
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 370||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 1g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 5%||Iron 13%|
|Vitamin C 5%||Vitamin A 11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil and butter in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan to a plate; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 8 minutes until browned. Stir in shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in port to deglaze the pan. Simmer 1 minute; stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan; cover and cook about 5 minutes longer or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Serve chicken with mushrooms and sauce.
Just BARE® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts may be substituted for Just BARE® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Serve this rich dish with steamed green beans garnished with lemon wedges, or mixed baby greens tossed with a light vinaigrette.