Layered with zucchini, sun-dried tomato and red onion, this dish is packed with veggies and plenty of lean proteins. Finish with mozzarella cheese, a squeeze of lemon and this meal will have you getting up for more!
- 4 Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ medium zucchini, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced in half
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the chicken by laying breasts on a cutting board and with a sharp knife make incisions along the chicken ½ of the way through to create a ‘hasselback’.
- Coat each chicken breast with approximately 1 tsp of olive oil, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp of Herbs de Provence or your favorite dried herbs, and a few cracks of fresh pepper. Rub in between each slit to season thoroughly.
- Next, add a slice of zucchini, halved sun-dried tomatoes, and red onion in between each slit in the chicken.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on a parchment or foil-lined oven-safe dish, top with 1 oz of mozzarella and 2 slices of lemon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Enjoy with a crunchy salad or a side of pasta and sauce.