Chickenomics 101: Roast 2 Chickens Eat 3 Times
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped Just Bare skinless chicken breast fillets or tenders
- ½ cup finely chopped dried Chinese sausage or salami
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Torn fresh Thai basil, cilantro leaves, and chili-garlic sauce, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large, deep skillet or wok over medium heat. Mix eggs and ½ teaspoon fish sauce; pour into skillet. Cook, without stirring for 30 seconds, then scramble until set. Scrape into bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the carrot, zucchini, and kale for 5 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Stir in the quinoa, sausage, and chicken; stir-fry about 3 minutes. Stir in the soy, remaining fish sauce, and sesame oil until well blended. Return the cooked eggs to the skillet.
- Serve chicken & quinoa mixture in bowls, sprinkled with green onions and basil, drizzled with hot sauce.