Head over to your favorite local wood-fired pizzeria to purchase baked crusts. They often will sell untopped baked dough as focaccia, brushed with olive oil and seasoned with coarse salt and maybe crumbled dried rosemary. These bubbly, charred crusts are perfect for simply dressed pizzas, like this classic Margherita—sweet Italian tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil—and shredded cooked chicken.
- 2 (11 to 12 inches each) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, drained and broken up into pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Just Bare Deli Rotisserie Chicken or any leftover Just Bare chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning, crushed
- Freshly ground pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 450˚F. Arrange oven racks to accommodate two baking sheets. Place crusts baking sheets; heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top warm crusts with canned tomato, sun-dried tomato, cheese slices, and chicken. Sprinkle with dried herbs and pepper.
- Bake pizzas 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizzas are hot. Serve topped with fresh basil.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
One Just BARE® Deli Rotisserie Chicken yields about 4 cups shredded, sliced, or coarsely chopped chicken, skin and bones removed.