This dish is impressive and easy—and can grace both a weeknight or celebration table. Serve with a garlicky wild rice pilaf that has sautéed butternut squash and chopped winter kale stirred into it.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine or unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 372||Calories from Fat 19|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 36g|
|Calcium 5%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 2%||Vitamin A 4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or just until browned and no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; sauté shallots for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, syrup, and cranberries. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir 1 minutes or until thickened and clear. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken back to skillet; spoon sauce over and simmer 1 minute.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.