Roast some seasonal late harvest veggies to fill the platter with the glazed bird…Brussels sprouts and sliced acorn squash are particularly nice. Otherwise make root vegetable “chips” by thinly slicing sweet potatoes, parsnips, and Yukon gold potatoes, tossing with a generous glug of olive oil, and roasting until crisp.
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy or apple liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4 pounds) Just Bare Whole Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 390||Calories from Fat 50|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 1g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Calcium 3%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 1%||Vitamin A 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat oven to 425°F. Pour apple cider into medium saucepan; bring to boil and cook about 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Stir in maple syrup, brandy, nutmeg, allspice, and butter. Simmer about 3 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, tie chicken legs with kitchen twine; tuck wings under. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Rub with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, then begin brushing with apple glaze every 10 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F in thigh and juices run clear, 25 to 3o minutes longer.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.