Soup season is here, and this French Onion is the perfect comfort meal on a cold winter night! For a unique twist, it is topped with Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Fillets instead of a baguette and garnished with a generous amount of Gruyere cheese to bring it all together.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 12 oz Just Bare Breaded Chicken Fillets
- 5 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, de-stemmed and minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 8 cups beef stock
- 4 oz gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 oz fresh parsley, minced
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat with olive oil.
- Add sliced onions and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add thyme, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the onions and continue to cook for any additional 15-20 minutes until onions start to caramelize. The longer you let the onions cook, the deeper the flavor.
- Once onions are caramelized, add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine or sherry – using a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once most of the wine has cooked off, add in the chicken stock, turn up on high and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- In an even layer, place frozen chicken fillets in the air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes. Heat through until internal temperature reads 165ºF.
- When soup is ready, portion into an oven safe dish or crock. Top with a few pieces of baked chicken fillets and a generous serving of grated gruyere – allow to melt or finish in the broiler for the cheese to caramelize – garnish with minced parsley.