Serve this sweetly garlicky chicken over a grainy pilaf that will soak up the flavorful sauce. Run the pan under the broiler if you’d like to crisp up the chicken skin.
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium heads garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook until well browned on both sides. Remove from pan to a plate.
Stir in the whole garlic cloves; sauté over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Return the chicken to the pan, along with the broth, wine, and cream. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near the bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Stir the sage into the sauce.